The studios opened in 1985 when Cristofori Pianoforti, a specialist piano retailer, moved from their Paddington showroom to 29 Marylebone Lane.
With the whole building available the basement became workshops and the upper four floors studios. For many years customers often referred to the studios as the Fazioli Studios, as that name appeared on the facia above the piano showroom.
The business was renamed The Music Studios in 1992, and at that time the workshops were relocated to Essex. In 2004 the decision was made to close the piano showroom, which allowed The Music Studios to become a dedicated acoustic rehearsal facility.
The building retains many original features dating back to the late 1700’s, and these include beautiful windows and fireplaces. The building’s construction gives the studios an excellent quality. Many visitors say they are the best they have ever worked in. The Music Studios is located at the south end of the very fashionable and genteel Marylebone Village where there is an excellent choice of restaurants, cafes and shops.